Last updated: 12/22/2011
The Robert W. Deutsch Foundation (the "Foundation') has created the Moving Maryland Forward Network (the "Network"), which includes the movingmdforward.net website and certain related products, services and websites (collectively, the "Services"), to connect and support participating advocacy organizations in Maryland. A key purpose of the Network is to provide a mechanism for members groups to work collectively to increase their supporter base and increase the activism among those supporters.
1915 I Street NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20006
Who Should Use the Services
The Services are not directed at, or marketed to, or intended for users under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect any information from children under 13 years of age. If we learn that any information was provided to the Network through any of the Services by a user younger than 13 years of age, we will delete the information immediately.
Information We Collect About You and How We Use It
In order to provide a full range of Services in support of the mission of the Network, we may collect the following types of information about you:
- Information you provide – When you sign up to use a Service that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, etc.). We may combine the information you provide to us with information that we obtain about you through other services or third parties; we do this to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of the Network and the Services. For certain of the Services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information about you.
- Log information – When you visit a website offered as part of the Services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We use this information to improve the quality of the Network and the Services.
- User communications – When you send e-mail or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve the Network and the Services.
- Location data – The Network may offer location-enabled services as part of the Services. If you use those Services, the Network may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
- Links – The Services may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of the Services.
- Providing our Services, including the sharing of information among the members of the Network and displaying customized content;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve the Network and the Services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of the Network;
- Protecting the rights or property of the Network or our users; and
- Developing new Services.
You can find more information about how we process personal information by referring to the supplementary privacy notices that may be issued for particular Services.
Consistent with the mission of the Network, we will share your personal information with the other members of the Network and with other parties and individuals in the following circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of personal information. In this regard, through your use of the Services and your acceptance of their respective Terms of Service, you have agreed that your information may be shared with others within the Network and with other organizations that are committed to the mission of the Network and that agree to abide as well by the applicable Terms of Service.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of the Network, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We also may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us as noted above for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
Right to Opt-in/Opt-out
When you sign up for a particular Service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. We may combine the information you provide to us with information that we obtain about you through other services or third parties; we do this to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of the Network and the Services. For certain of the Services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information about you. You also can decline to submit personal information to any of our Services or to subsequently opt-out, in which instances we may not be able to provide those Services to you.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
When you use the Services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and for you to be able either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data. Some of our Services may have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information. We will provide the details for these procedures in the specific privacy notices or FAQs for those Services. If you choose to delete personal information, we may not be able to provide the Services to you.